The Your Radio Now extension is the name of a browser extension compatible with Google Chrome. Various other versions of the Your Radio Now extension may also be compatible with alternative internet browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. The Your Radio Now extension is known to download and install without user knowledge and consent or use deceptive and misleading tactics to get users to install it. Once the Your Radio Now extension is installed it will read and modify browsing data and change search settings to search.yourradionow.com and other webpages.
|Name(s)||Your Radio Now, Your Radio Now virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Publisher Description||Access your radio account with just one click.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects to sponsored webpages in the browser.|
|Removal Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is Your Radio Now?
Your Radio Now is a browser extension promoted as a free way to access online radio. The extension will redirect users to a search engine type webpage that contains a menu or top-bar that contains various links to the websites of radio stations.
The Your Radio Now extension for Google Chrome is very intrusive and has public permission to read and change your data on the websites you visit, read and change your browsing history, manage your downloads, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. This is all very extensive for a program that simply claims to provide free access to various radio stations such as CNN. Furthermore, the extension does not detail that it will change your start page and search settings to search.yourradionow.com.
- Advertisements in the web browser
- Redirects to sponsored webpages
- Slow and sluggish computer and internet
- Excessive email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers, robocallers, and potential scam artists due to data collection
Your Radio Now Removal Guide
Follow the steps in this Your Radio Now removal guide to remove the Your Radio Now extension, malware, and other threats to stop browser redirects to search.yourradionow.com.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Your Radio Now and unwanted programs
- Remove Your Radio Now and unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove Your Radio Now is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove Your Radio Now is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Your Radio Now and unwanted programs
The third step to remove Your Radio Now is to uninstall Your Radio Now and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Your Radio Now in the list and double click Your Radio Now to uninstall Your Radio Now.
4. Once you have uninstalled Your Radio Now search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Your Radio Now and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to remove Your Radio Now is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove Your Radio Now is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.