If your homepage has been hijacked by search.newtabtvgamasearch.com and your browser redirects to search.newtabtvgamasearch.com when you open a new browser tab or search the web using the browser address bar then you have contracted a potentially unwanted programs such as the NewtabTV(Gama) extension for Google Chrome. Unwanted programs and browser extensions associated with this website can corrupt and take over your browser settings including the homepage, default search engine, and new tab settings. They can also collect browser information about you and bundle with malware and other unwanted programs.
The process to remove the search.newtabtvgamasearch.com redirect and possible malware from your computer is simple. You must remove the associated Ultimate Cloud browser extension, uninstall any unwanted programs that may be present, and possibly manually change your settings; although removing the associated browser extension should disable the feature that causes unpleasant browser redirects. It is also recommended to scan your computer for malware with a reputable tool to detect and remove any existing malicious files.
How to remove Search.newtabtvgamasearch.com
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
3. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to search.newtabtvgamasearch.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.newtabtvgamasearch.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner and go to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Once complete click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.