ybhsearch.com is a browser hijacker, or redirect virus, that changes internet browser settings including the homepage and search engine.
Table of Contents
What is ybhsearch.com?
ybhsearch.com is a browser hijacker infection, also known as a browser redirect virus, that is usually the result of a potentially malicious browser add-on or unwanted program. When a computer is infected with the browser hijacker, the primary internet browser will redirect to ybhsearch.com and other sites when a new window is opened, a new tab is opened, or a search is performed.
The primary intent of the ybhsearch.com hijacker is to intercept what you search for online. For example, when you search the web you will be redirected to ybhsearch.com and then to another website such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo. This is done in order to obtain the searched term, drop tracking files on your computer, and send you to a suitable search engine to remain undetected.
Bundles with malware and viruses
One of the biggest issues with the ybhsearch.com virus is that it employs potentially malicious software and browser add-ons and extensions to do its dirty work. These extensions and programs themselves can perform tasks that users may find intrusive and malicious. However, to add more to the risk, the programs and extensions typically bundle with and are advertised by malicious advertising networks alongside malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, and other computer viruses.
How to remove ybhsearch.com (Virus Removal Guide)
To remove ybhsearch.com we recommend scanning the infected computer with a reputable security program such as Malwarebytes Premium or Malwarebytes Free. Follow the free removal guide on this page to remove the ybhsearch.com hijacker and use reputable antivirus software to remove malware from your computer.
How to remove the ybhsearch.com extension
1. Open the menu and go to More tools > Extensions
2. Click the Remove button
1. Open the menu and go to Add-ons
2. Click the Remove button
How to remove malware and viruses
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.