How to remove Alpha Buzz (Virus Removal Guide)
Alpha Buzz is malware that sneaks onto a computer without user consent or knowledge alongside other malware, viruses, and unwanted programs.
Table of Contents
Alpha Buzz is categorized as a variant of adware, malware, and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by numerous antivirus databases. Once installed, Alpha Buzz malware may cause unwanted programs and violate a user’s privacy. In addition, users are usually unaware that Alpha Buzz has been installed until it has been located in the Control Panel or Apps and Features due to how it is distributed.
Alpha Buzz utilizes stealth distribution methods to infect a computer alongside other malware, adware, spyware, computer viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. Alpha Buzz usually obtains a backdoor piggyback ride from other threats that introduce it to an infected computer without detection. Programs that distribute the malware can typically be downloaded from the program’s developer site but that’s not the only way they infect a computer. Such programs may be distributed via email spam messages, social media links, advertisements, torrents, freeware, and more.
One of the biggest ways that malware and unwanted programs get onto a computer is through freeware. Freeware is free software that may be monetized by the developer or distributed by a party who uses questionable marketing tactics in order to generate revenue. In some cases, freeware may offer Alpha Buzz and other malware as an additional installation during the installation process. The setup may recommend that you proceed with a Custom or Advanced installation and in this case, additional programs will be introduced to the machine. It is important to pay attention when installing free programs and to read the license agreements when installing anything from the internet in order to stop any unwanted installations.
The Alpha Buzz removal guide on this page will help you remove Alpha Buzz, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer. Although Alpha Buzz can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel like most programs, this will not completely remove it nor remove other malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats that it may install with. To remove malware and other computer threats we recommend scanning the computer with reputable security software such as Malwarebytes Premium or Malwarebytes Free.
Removal guide contents
How to uninstall Alpha Buzz
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click Alpha Buzz and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware and viruses
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.