Learn what qweuirtksd ransomware is and how to remove the computer virus from your computer and decrypt or recover personal files.
What is qweuirtksd?
qweuirtksd is a file extension used by a specific variant of ransomware that encrypts files on a computer using military grade encryption algorithms and appends the .qweuirtksd file extension to the end of the filenames of files it encrypts. The virus also drops a ransom note named !!!ReadMeToDecrypt.txt on the desktop and every drive’s root folder.
The ransomware uses a text file that contains a ransom note to detail what happened to the files on the machine and how to make a ransom payment to allegedly decrypt the files (the way the malware author wants you to). It should be noted that paying the ransom will not guarantee that you will recover your files or that the infection is removed and will not appear again in the future.
How to remove qweuirtksd
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, click the file you just downloaded. It can usually be located in the Download folder.
3. A window that says “Welcome to the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard” will appear. Click Agree and Install to begin the installation. Once complete, click Finish.
4. Now the Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Next, Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
8. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
9. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
10. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. Click the Reboot button.
File Recovery Software
|Shadow Explorer||Restores lost or damaged files from Shadow Copies||Download (Free)|
|Photorec||Recovers lost files||Download (Free)|
|Recuva||Recovers lost files||Download (Free) | Buy|
Alternative methods are suggested if there are issues removing qweuirtksd ransomware from an infected computer.
How to Restore your computer
If a restore point has previously been established on your machine you will be able to perform a system restore in order to restore your machine to a date and time before it was infected. You will lose files on your computer that were obtained prior to the restore point.
There are several options to restore your computer. Most computers have their own restore software that can be found by performing a search. Additionally, computers that run the Windows Operating System have a default restore program that can also be found by performing a search.
A boot screen that can be used to access options to restore your computer can be reached by rebooting your computer and pressing the F8 key once the manufacture screen is displayed.
How to Recover your computer to factory settings
A system recovery (or reset) will recover your computer to factory settings. You will lose the current programs and files on your computer.
There are several options to recover your computer to factory settings. Most computers have their own recovery software that can be found by performing a search. Additionally, computers that run the Windows Operating System have a default recovery program that can also be found by performing a search.