What is MessengerSpot?
MessengerSpot by Timeapp Studio (or another publisher) is promoted as a free utility that allows you to use Facebook messenger from your computer’s desktop. MessengerSpot is compatible with multiple operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. There are also compatible Android and iOS applications.
Is MessengerSpot safe?
MessengerSpot has a low detection rate but is mostly recognized as a Trojan or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that may pose a threat to your computer and data. Therefore, MessengerSpot is not considered safe to use by numerous Antivirus engines. However, MessengerSpot is not a computer virus by definition.
MessengerSpot may bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats that can cause additional symptoms and put your personal information at risk. Here’s a list of generic symptoms you make encounter:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Unwanted notifications
- Browser redirects
- Poor computer performance and functionality
In addition, there are numerous versions of MessengerSpot that are identified by different names such as Messsenger2go. Another name for this program is MessengerSpot – Facebook Messenger for Desktop.
How to remove MessengerSpot
MessengerSpot can be uninstalled from Windows through the control panel but that won’t entirely remove malware, adware, and other threats that may bundle with MessengerSpot. Since this is the case we recommend that you uninstall MessengerSpot using the standard method and then scan your computer for malware.
This removal guide was designed to help you uninstall MessengerSpot and remove malware, adware, computer viruses, and other threats from your computer.
Step 1: Uninstall MessengerSpot From Windows
Uninstall MessengerSpot from Google Chrome.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click MessengerSpot and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Use Malwarebytes to Scan for Malware and PUPs
Malwarebytes will remove MessengerSpot, known malware, and PUPs from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-22.214.171.12439.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 3: Use HitmanPro to Remove Remaining Trace Files
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 4: Use CCleaner to Clean Your System, Maintain Browser Settings, and Update Programs
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.