How to remove Messenger2go (Virus Removal Tutorial)
What is Messenger2go?
Messenger2go, also known as Messenger2go – Facebook Messenger for Desktop, is promoted as “the ultimate way to enjoy Facebook Messenger right from your PC.” The program is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 and is mostly advertised on websites that contain unlawful content.
Is Messenger2go safe?
According to Google’s VirusTotal analyzation tool, Messenger2go has a low detection rate as a standalone program but it is still recognized as a Trojan or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by Antivirus engines. Therefore, Messenger2go is not considered safe to use by numerous Antivirus engines such as Antiy_AVL. The detection name for Messenger2go is Trojan[Clicker]/JS.Pvgtr.dldr. Although Messenger2go may be considered unsafe and potentially malicious it is not a computer virus by definition.
In additional to being an autonomic threat, Messenger2go may also bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats that can cause additional symptoms and put your personal information at risk. Here’s a list of generic symptoms you make encounter if your computer is infected:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Unwanted notifications
- Browser redirects
- Poor computer performance and functionality
Furthermore, there are numerous versions of Messenger2go that are identified by different names such as MessengerSpot.
How to remove Messenger2go
Messenger2go can be uninstalled from Windows through the control panel but that won’t entirely remove malware, adware, and other threats that may bundle with Messenger2go. Since this is the case we recommend that you uninstall Messenger2go using the standard method and then scan your computer for malware.
This removal guide was designed to help you uninstall Messenger2go and remove malware, adware, computer viruses, and other threats from your computer.
Step 1: Uninstall Messenger2go From Windows
Uninstall Messenger2go from Google Chrome.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click Messenger2go and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Use Malwarebytes to Scan for Malware and PUPs
Malwarebytes will remove Messenger2go, known malware, and PUPs from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-220.127.116.1139.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 3: Use HitmanPro to Remove Remaining Trace Files
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 4: Use CCleaner to Clean Your System, Maintain Browser Settings, and Update Programs
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.