How to remove Your Mail Tab
Your Mail Tab is described as a free browser extension for Google Chrome that helps you “easily access popular email account web links and search directly from your new tab.” When the Your Mail Tab extension for Chrome has been installed, the new tab page will be replaced with a new site. The new site appointed as the new tab page is usually a third-party search engine that will direct you to another search engine such as Yahoo, Bing, Google, or other.
A privacy concern with the Your Mail Tab extension is that it has permissions that allow it to perform tasks users may not be aware of and comfortable with. Because of this, the extension is able to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, read your browsing history, change the page you see when opening a new tab, and more.
The site also uses trackers as a way to basically track what you’re doing and where you go online. The trackers are competent enough to build your identity by combining information it observes and collects about you. Information collected about you is referred to as personally identifiable information (PII) and Your Mail Tab can sell or share information about you with unknown third parties.
In addition to being a threat to your privacy, the Your Mail Tab extension is advertised by malicious advertising networks and on websites that host or show deceptive advertisements. This is a major security concern because it could mean that your computer was introduced to malware and other threats that should be removed immediately.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (3 dot/hamburger icon) and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the Remove button for Your Mail Tab.
3. Next, download the Malwarebytes executable file to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software. This will allow you to scan for malware and remove known threats from your machine.
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically shields your machine from viruses, spyware, and malware and allows you to safely browse the web.
4. To install Malwarebytes, locate and double-click the executable file you downloaded or click the executable file in your browser window. The file may be found in the Downloads folder on your computer.
5. Select the appropriate option for “where are you installing Malwarebytes” and click the Continue button. If you are using a personal computer, select the personal computer option. If you are at work or a business, select work computer.
6. Click the Agree and Install button to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
7. Now that Malwarebytes is installed, open the software on your system and click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
8. When the scan been completed, click the Quarantine Selected button.
9. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.