Search.searchwatchytsn.com virus is a term used to identify the occurrence when a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or browser extension (such as Watch Your TV Shows Now) replace your existing internet browser settings and cause affected internet browsers to redirect to search.searchwatchytsn.com. Browser redirections to search.searchwatchytsn.com happen when a new browser window is opened, a new browser tab is opened, or a search is performed in the address or omni bar.
The website employs various browser attachments and unwanted programs to replace your existing settings. The programs will replace your homepage and default search engine. They will also have permission to gather information about you from your web browser. For example, a browser extension associated with the website might have permission to read and change your data on all websites, manage your downloads, and read and change your browsing history. The information can also be collected and used for unknown purposes.
If your internet browser settings have been replaced with search.searchwatchytsn.com it means that an unwanted program or extension has been installed to your computer or browser. To make matters worse, the program or extension is likely to be bolstered by advertising networks that also deceptively promote malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. The advertising networks may also utilize their content on questionable websites that host known threats.
In order to remove search.searchwatchytsn.com and stop redirects to the website it is recommended to scan your computer for malware that can remain hidden on your machine.
Remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. <<CLICK HERE TO BUY MALWAREBYTES 3.0>>
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro. <<CLICK HERE TO BUY HITMANPRO>>
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up junk files repair registry, and fix other settings with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner. <<CLICK HERE TO BUY CCLEANER>>
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
Manually repair browser settings
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer