What is Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/)?
Onlinefwd.com is a website if redirected to indicates that the computer user has an additional browser attachment installed or is infected with a browser hijacker. The website Onlinefwd.com is associated with third-party malware, in particular adware and additional browser hijackers, that may cause infected internet browsers to redirect to onlinefwd.com and start up on www.onlinefwd.com, as well as third-party domain names. The Onlinefwd virus has also been reported to associate with adware such as Text Enhance, causing unwanted in-text and pop-up advertisements. If your internet browser is redirecting to onlinefwd.com and prompting unwanted advertisements, a third-party browser add-on and extension such as thebflix may be the cluprit, and if removed will cause internet browsers to stop redirecting to http://onlinefwd.com and other websites, as well as display symptoms of additional malware.
Onlinefwd virus is a term often used to describe the Onlinefwd.com redirect, though Onlinefwd.com is not actually a virus. Onlinefwd.com is assocaited with malware, including adware, hijackers, and spyware.
Onlinefwd.com and third-parties use unethical practices, including social engineering and entrapment, and may invade the privacy of internet users and cause a computer to lose funtionality. Furthermore, if your internet browser is redirecting to onlinefwd.com you may notice an increase in email spam, telemarketers, and associations with scams.
To remove Onlinefwd.com and stop your internet browser from redrirecting to onlinefwd.com, please follow the instructions below.
How to remove Onlinefwd malware (Hijacker)
- Automatically remove Onlinefwd – Scan for and automatically remove malware infecting your computer system
- Manually remove Onlinefwd – Remove/Uninstall Onlinefwd and third-party malware
1. Automatic removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Onlinefwd and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove Onlinefwd.com from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcut, and other settings using free or paid system cleaning software.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Onlinefwd, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Onlinefwd in the list of installed programs.
2. Manual removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Onlinefwd malware using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall Onlinefwd malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Onlinefwd and additional software. Once located, double click the Onlinefwd program or highlight it (select) in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the Onlinefwd add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove Onlinefwd add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. Onlinefwd primarily bundles with third-party attachments and removing these attachments may remove Onlinefwd associated malware.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Onlinefwd extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Onlinefwd add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Onlinefwd add-on and remove it if located.
How to manually remove http://onlinefwd.com home page
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove http://onlinefwd.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove http://onlinefwd.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove http://onlinefwd.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove http://onlinefwd.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the http://onlinefwd.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://onlinefwd.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to http://onlinefwd.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://www.onlinefwd.com is set as the default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the Smart Suggestor by clicking the X next to it.
How to uninstall http://onlinefwd.com shortcut
- Find the shortcut of particular browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) in all locations of the computer, including but not limited to the desktop;
- Right click and find “Option”;
- Delete http://onlinefwd.com in “Target” field of on the “Shortcut” tab.