How to remove Free Streamz
Free Streamz, also called Free Streamz Promos, is an internet browser extension compatible with Google Chrome web browser for PC. Free Streamz is described as a free utility for Chrome to find and listen to music. However, there is a catch when it comes to using browser extensions like this. They are typically recognized as a threat to your security and privacy.
There are several symptoms you may notice when the Free Streamz Promos extension is installed:
- Pop-up ads
- Browser redirects
- Irrelevant search results
- Decreased browser performance and functionality
Due to these factors and several others, extensions like Free Streamz Promos are typically recognized as potentially malicious by Antivirus engines, cybersecurity researchers, and security bloggers. It is strongly recommended to avoid installing unnecessary browser extensions and remove any if found they are currently installed.
The reason why Free Streamz is a privacy risk is because of the actions it can perform once it is installed. It can read and change all the data on all free-streamz.com sites, .free-streamz.com, and free-streamz.com, read your browsing history, and change your search settings to feed.free-streamz.com. The Free Streamz extension may also perform other actions that are harder to locate. To find a complete list of permissions launch Google Chrome, open the menu, go to More tools > Extensions, and click the Details button near the Free Streamz extension to find more information.
How to remove Free Streamz
This tutorial provides removal steps to remove the Free Streamz Promos extension and all traces of malware from a computer. This tutorial is designed to be easy to follow, yet detailed to help victims completely get rid of malware, unwanted programs, and repair settings that may have been affected.
Step 1: Remove malware and PUPs
Malwarebytes will remove known malware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) from your computer and mobile device.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-18.104.22.16839.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Remove remaining files
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Clean up and repair settings
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Check if the extension was removed
Once your computer is clean, ensure that all extensions have been removed from Google Chrome and other web browsers.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Open the menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
3. Find the Free Streamz extension and click the Remove button.