Remove Browser Bodyguard (Virus Removal Guide)
Browser Bodyguard (also searched for as Browser Bodyguard virus and BrowserBodyguard) is a deceptive potentially unwanted program (PUP) and cross-browser adware that you don’t want to find installed on your computer. It is known to be a very intrusive adware type program and browser plugin that infiltrates your computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers without your consent or knowledge. It can automatically download and install in the background while you work on your computer. Once Browser Bodyguard adware has been contracted it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that usually say “Ads by Browser Bodyguard” or “brought by Browser Bodyguard” on them.
What is Browser Bodyguard?
Browser Bodyguard is promoted as a free program that will keep you safe online. It claims to block malicious websites and protect your internet browser from cyber attacks.
Potential Browser Bodyguard malware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Browser Bodyguard are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Browser Bodyguard adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Browser Bodyguard if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Browser Bodyguard get on my computer?
Browser Bodyguard and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Browser Bodyguard is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Browser Bodyguard adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Browser Bodyguard overview”]
- Browser Bodyguard bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Browser Bodyguard is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Browser Bodyguard injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Browser Bodyguard makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Browser Bodyguard virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Browser Bodyguard virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Browser Bodyguard
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Browser Bodyguard virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Browser Bodyguard” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Browser Bodyguard we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Browser Bodyguard.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Browser Bodyguard
How to uninstall Browser Bodyguard
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Browser Bodyguard in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Browser Bodyguard to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Browser Bodyguard in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Browser Bodyguard below.[/note]
How to remove Browser Bodyguard add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Bodyguard extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Browser Bodyguard add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Bodyguard extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Browser Bodyguard in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Browser Bodyguard below.[/note]
Browser Bodyguard virus removal tips
- If you do not find Browser Bodyguard in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Browser Bodyguard you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411