Bit Driver Updater by Bit Guardian GmbH is currently detected as Program.Unwanted by DrWeb, A Variant Of MSIL/GT32SupportGeeks.A by ESET-NOD32, and PUP.Optional.BitDriverUpdater by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove Bit Driver Updater, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer or device. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software is known to detect this threat.
Malwarebytes detects this threat as: PUP.Optional.BitDriverUpdater
- View Antivirus programs that detect Bit Driver Updater: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9b6f7f86888b531c3c7b63e288c1fd47c4417c48d9701f4d1449204220e37665/detection
What is Bit Driver Updater?
Bit Driver Updater is promoted as a dedicated utility for all your driver needs. It claims to boost your PC’s performance by updating all your outdated drivers in just one click. It is explained as a program that allows you to back up your existing drivers for restoring later and create automated tasks and Windows Restore Points.
There are currently 2 versions of Bit Driver Updater. A free version with basic functionality and a “PRO” version with additional features.
Is Bit Driver Updater malware?
We have analyzed files associated with Bit Driver Updater including bitdurtsetup.exe and identified that numerous Antivirus programs recognize them as malware or a potential risk.
Here are some common reasons why files associated with the program may be considered malicious or a potential security/privacy risk:
- The program is advertised by malicious advertising networks.
- The program is advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, trojans, and viruses.
- The program may be downloaded in the background without user knowledge by third-party programs.
- The program displays unwanted pop-up advertisements and desktop notifications.
Due to the issues listed above and others, Bit Driver Updater may is considered malware or questionable program by reputable Antivirus companies. Furthermore, the program may also bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other problematic computer threats which is cause for concern with privacy and can affect the way a computer is operating.
How to install Bit Driver Updater
Bit Driver Updater can be downloaded from the developer’s website. However, one of the biggest issues with this program is how it can be installed by third-party malware in the background without user consent or knowledge.
When it comes to obtaining any downloadable file from the internet it is important to be focused on the task at hand.
- Only download software from the publisher’s website
- Avoid downloading programs from third-party websites
- Be aware that most free software may suggest other downloadable content and show advertisements during the installation process
It is important to be alert when downloading files on the internet. In some cases, an advertising network may inject websites with advertisements that promote a legitimate program in order to trick users into installing malware. Some advertisements may claim to be an important update, game, media player, or something else that may be more believable.
How to remove Bit Driver Updater
Uninstall Bit Driver Updater and other unwanted programs
Potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) may be on your computer. We advise you to uninstall questionable programs that may have been installed through Apps and Features.
1. Right-click the Start menu (Windows icon in the taskbar) and go to Apps and Features.
2. Locate the program you want to remove, click it, and then click the Uninstall button.
1. Open the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program button.
3. Locate the program you want to remove, click it, and click Uninstall.
Scan your computer for malware and viruses
Malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses may be present on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Malwarebytes to detect and remove known threats.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Tracking files allow bad guys to track you online and changes to the Windows registry can cause numerous problems. Clean up your computer’s registry, remove tracking files, and remove junk files from your computer with CCleaner by Piriform.
1. Download and install CCleaner. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, click the Take my PC Health Check button or go to Health Check > Next and follow the instructions to begin checking your PC’s health.
3. When the scan is complete, click Make it better button to remove trackers, remove junk files, disable startup apps, and more.
4. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues to check your computer for registry issues.
5. When the scan is complete, click Fix selected Issues, backup the registry, and click Fix Issue or Fix All Issues.