How to remove ITL Driver Updater
ITL Driver Updater by Innovana Thinklabs Limited (or ITL Driver Updater Inc) is currently detected as a Malicious program by SecureAge APEX and Endgame, an Unsafe Program by eGambit, a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) or Application (PUA) by Malwarebytes, DrWeb, Panda, and Rising, and Generic Malware by Qihoo-360.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove ITL Driver Updater, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer or device. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software is known to detect this threat.
Malwarebytes detects this threat as: PUP.Optional.PCVARK
- You can review the complete VirusTotal report here: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/17bf310eeec71fc9b42bf56882af01321ac8c3b575810995cc870572c4c8d0d4/detection
ITL Driver Updater is promoted as an easy to use utility program compatible with Windows 7 and up that can boost your system’s performance by 50% or more. The program’s website claims that the program offers over 160,000 device drivers that have passed the WHQL testing process by Microsoft. It further states that ITL Driver Updater detects and installs broken, outdated, and old system drivers
Is ITL Driver Updater malware?
We have analyzed files associated with ITL Driver Updater including ITL Driver Updater Setup and identified that numerous Antivirus engines include the files in their database. Currently, SecureAge APEX, Endgame, and Qihoo-360 recognize files associated with the program as malicious or malware. The complete VirusTotal report is listed above.
Here are some common reasons why files associated with the program may be considered malicious or potentially unwanted:
- The program is advertised by malicious advertising networks.
- The program is advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, trojans, and other potential cyber threats.
- The program may be downloaded in the background without user knowledge by third-party programs.
- The program displays pop-up advertisements and desktop notifications.
Due to the issues listed above and others, ITL Driver Updater may is considered malware or questionable program by reputable Antivirus companies. Furthermore, the program may also bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other problematic computer threats which is cause for concern with privacy and can affect the way a computer is operating.
How to install ITL Driver Updater
ITL Driver Updater can be downloaded from the developer’s website but the biggest issue is that it can often be installed by third-party malware, trojans, and other threats that may perform the procedure in the background without user consent.
It is important to be alert when installing free software off of the internet. For example, advertisements and suspicious websites may promote malware or something else as something it is not such as an update, computer game, or media player. When the installation process of said malware or other program is initiated, the user may be asked to install ITL Driver Updater as a complementary program; However, in some cases, the option to accept or decline the installation of the program is designed to be confusing and deceptive.
In addition, use caution when installing anything from the internet. The installation process may ask you if you want to download and install additional programs. Be sure to decline these options to avoid anything dangerous.
How to remove ITL Driver Updater
Follow the removal instructions to remove ITL Driver Updater, viruses, malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and other threats from your computer.
Uninstall ITL Driver Updater and other unwanted programs
Potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) may be on your computer. We advise you to uninstall questionable programs that may have been installed through Apps and Features.
1. Right-click the Start menu (Windows icon in the taskbar) and go to Apps and Features.
2. Locate the program you want to remove, click it, and then click the Uninstall button.
1. Open the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program button.
3. Locate the program you want to remove, click it, and click Uninstall.
Scan your computer for malware and viruses
Malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses may be present on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Malwarebytes to detect and remove known threats.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Tracking files allow bad guys to track you online and changes to the Windows registry can cause numerous problems. Clean up your computer’s registry, remove tracking files, and remove junk files from your computer with CCleaner by Piriform.
1. Download and install CCleaner. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, click the Take my PC Health Check button or go to Health Check > Next and follow the instructions to begin checking your PC’s health.
3. When the scan is complete, click Make it better button to remove trackers, remove junk files, disable startup apps, and more.
4. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues to check your computer for registry issues.
5. When the scan is complete, click Fix selected Issues, backup the registry, and click Fix Issue or Fix All Issues.