What is AdBlocker by Trustnav and how to remove it?
AdBlocker by Trustnav
Our guide explains what AdBlocker by Trustnav is and helps you remove the AdBlocker by Trustnav extension from Chrome and viruses, malware, and other threats from your PC.
Description and Permissions
AdBlocker by Trustnav is the definitive adblock as it removes popups, annoying banner and video ads.
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Display notifications
What is AdBlocker by Trustnav?
AdBlocker by Trustnav is a misleading and deceptive internet browser extension available in the Google Chrome ChromeStore. The AdBlocker by Trustnav extension claims to block online ads including popups, banner ads, and video ads. Although the extension can be used to block some ads, it will not block all advertisements on the websites you visit as shown in the image below.
The image above shows that the AdBlocker by Trustnav extension is installed but there was still various pop-up advertisements and notifications.
A very serious concern with the AdBlocker by Trustnav extension is that it is advertised on websites that also advertise and host malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, and spyware. This means that if you have seen an advertisement for AdBlocker by Trustnav or found the extension installed it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats that should be eradicated with urgency.
- If you’re looking for a legitimate and safe extension to block ads, check out our article The Best Ad Blocker Extension for Google Chrome.
How is AdBlocker by Trustnav distributed?
The AdBlocker by Trustnav extension is usually distributed like most common unwanted programs and browser attachments are. The extension is bolstered by advertisements that can be deceptive. It might be advertised as something it is not in order to trick victims into installing it and other potentially unwanted programs and malware. However, as previously mentioned, the biggest concern with how the extension is distributed is that it is advertised on websites that are considered dangerous.
The extension is also promoted by adware and ad-serving browser extension like CoolioFunGames. Adware and ad-serving extension can often redirect your browser to a new web page that contains ads for the AdBlocker by Trustnav extension.
How do I remove AdBlocker by Trustnav?
STEP 1: Remove malware from your computer
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, click the file you just downloaded. It can usually be located in the Download folder.
3. A window that says “Welcome to the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard” will appear. Click Agree and Install to begin the installation. Once complete, click Finish.
4. Now the Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Next, Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
8. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
9. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
10. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. Click the Reboot button.
Your computer should now be completely free of AdBlocker by Trustnav Extension and other malicious files; However, you can still use the manual repair and uninstall instructions below if your browser settings have not been repaired or if you think an unwanted program is still installed on your machine.
STEP 2: Remove AdBlocker by Trustnav extension
1. Open the Customize and control Google Chrome menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the AdBlocker by Trustnav extension in the list and click the Remove button to remove it.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Uninstall unwanted programs
If you are infected with adware and other unwanted programs you might be able to uninstall unwanted programs from your computer. Use these instructions to uninstall unwanted programs that may have installed on your machine. If you do not find a program installed on your machine make sure to scan your computer for malware using the instructions above.