How to block topseoservices.co referral spam in Google Analytics
Topseoservices.co is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to semrush.com. Topseoservices.co referrals are designed to hit your website’s Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic. The URL will send ghost traffic to your Google Analytics data in order to aggressively gain your attention and provoke you to visit the website or search for it online. Topseoservices.co referral traffic is not essentially harmful to your website and the way it appears in Google Search Results Pages, but it can ruin your website’s appropriate data measured in Google Analytics reports such as your bounce rate and visitor duration.
Topseoservices.co referrer spam and referrer spam from other URLs such as googlemare.com is becoming a very big issue and hot topic of discussion for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Referrer spam is nothing new but it seems that over the past year it has been gaining steam. Unwanted referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URLs usually appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which can interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block topseoservices.co referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop topseoservices.co referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics in the future.
What is topseoservices.co?
Topseoservices.co is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to semrush.com; a “competitive data” service for digital marketers. The website may use this URL and others in order to promote their services. We do not recommend to give your personal information to any websites that engage in this spam tactic as it is common for them to be untrustworthy.
The downside to unwanted topseoservices.co referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Topseoservices.co referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam from bots and spiders may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data that never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block topseoservices.co
This guide shows you how to block topseoservices.co referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop topseoservices.co referrers at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add topseoservices.co or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add topseoservices.co and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | topseoservices.co