Results Hub (also known as The Results Hub, Results Hub virus) is a very intrusive potentially unwanted program that changes internet browser settings and injects the webpages you view online with targeted advertisements. The Results Hub program and browser attachment is essentially defined as adware and a browser hijacker because of the activities it performs. Once Results Hub software and browser attachments have been installed internet users will fall victim to unwanted browser redirects to websites such as search.results-hub.com and search-simple.com, and will additionally become bombarded by pop-up advertisements.
The Results Hub program displays ads that can be delivered as generic banners and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Results Hub are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
This program and the browser attachments that it employs will also change existing internet browser settings including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut. This causes affected internet browsers to redirect to websites such as search-simple.com and search.results-hub.com.
Possible The Results Hub malware is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a threat to your privacy the sign of a serious malware infection. This program and it’s browser add-ons and extensions are known to bundle with other unwanted programs and malicious software that can cause additional issues for computer and internet users.
Furthermore, Results Hub is advertisement supported and will generate ‘targeted’ advertisements across affected internet browsers. A concern with targeted advertisements is that they can only be produced by the adware if it has obtained access to private user browsing data.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Results Hub if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
Results Hub overview
- The Results Hub extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Results Hub extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Results Hub bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Results Hub is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Results Hub injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Results Hub makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Results Hub (Removal)
- Option 1: Automatically remove Results Hub with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Results Hub
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove Results Hub with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
If you are still having issues removing Results Hub we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Results Hub.
Option 2: Manually remove Results Hub
How to uninstall The Results Hub
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for “The Results Hub” in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Results Hub to uninstall it.
If you do not find Results Hub in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Results Hub below.
How to remove Results Hub add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Results Hub extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Results Hub add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Results Hub extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
If you do not find Results Hub in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Results Hub below.
Tips to remove Results Hub
- If you do not find Results Hub in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Results Hub you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-866-521-2427