How to remove SearchLock (Removal Guide)
SearchLock (Search Lock) is a browser add-on and extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox that many users have had issues with. SearchLock is not necessarily malware or a computer virus, although reviews are mostly negative and most users have complained that the application installed without their consent, among other issues. SearchLock is also known to slander competitors on reputation websites using fake social media accounts.
If SearchLock is installed a user may experience unwanted browser redirects to searchlock.com/search and other websites, as well was unwanted advertisements. SearchLock claims to properly maintain their advertisements in order to display safe products and services; However, we have found advertisements that promote Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), including MyPCBackup.
Advertisers and sponsored webpages associated with this program may collect additional information and track users through cookies.
SearchLock claims to be a safe add-on and extension that protects and anonymizes web searches and search history. However, the SearchLock extension for Google Chrome has permission to
access your data on all websites read and change all the data on the websites you visit and manipulate privacy-related settings change your privacy related settings.
This program has mostly negative reviews and any good reviews seem fabricated or out of context. It should also be noted that some reviews suggest that the extension continuously asks for a review, even if the user already reviewed the product. Most users complain that they did not install this program and have no idea how it got on their computer. Others state that there is no uninstall option or that it is difficult to uninstall.
How to remove SearchLock (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall SearchLock
- Step 3: Remove SearchLock malware with HitmanPro
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-866-521-2427
Step 1: Remove SearchLock add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall SearchLock
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for SearchLock and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove SearchLock malware with HitmanPro
1. Download and install HitmanPro scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.