search Movies is an internet browser extension that employs deceptive advertisements in order to trick you or force you into installing it. Advertisements that bolster the search Movies extension usually claim that your Flash Player is out of date and requires an update.
For example, one advertisements that promotes the extension says “Update your Flash Player” and “Latest version of Adobe Flash Player is required to encode and/or decode (Play) audio files in high quality.”
It should be noted that the search Movies is not a Flash Player update, the extension is not associated with Adobe (or Adobe Flash Player), and the extension cannot be used to encode and/or decode audio or video files. search Movies is a browser extension and nothing more.
The description for the search Movies extension says “Open New Tab with search links to video files.” Once the search Movies is installed it will replace your homepage, new tab page, and search settings. This will cause your browser to start on a new site and redirect to a new site when you open a new tab or search the web.
If you open a new tab and use the search field on the new webpage or search the web using the browser’s address bar you will be directed through searchssissi.xyz and then to a webpage on Google. The searchssissi.xyz site might not be shown in the address bar; the address bar might contain a blank URL. The searchssissi.xyz webpage shows various search fields for Web and Video.
The extension makes you initially visit the searchssissi.xyz site in order to track you IP address and the keywords and phrases you search for online.
The public permissions for the Google Chrome extension are listed below:
- Replace the page you see when opening a new tab
- Change your search settings to: searchssissi.xyz
One of the biggest concerns with the extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the search Movies extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays search Movies advertisements, it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats (such as SD App) that should be removed.
search Movies removal steps
The search Movies removal steps on this page will help you remove the search Movies extension, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the search Movies extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the search Movies add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the search Movies add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the search Movies extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.