How to remove SD App (Virus Removal Guide)
SD App, Search Dimension, and Search Control are internet browser extensions that replace your homepage, new tab page, and search settings with searchdimension.com. This will cause your browser to start on the site and redirect to the site when you open a new tab or search the web using the address bar (or omni box).
The SD App browser extension will cause the searches you carry out in the address bar to redirect to https://searchdimension.com/gjson.php?q=[search phrase] (or another URL) and then to another website such as bing.com or search.yahoo.com.
The SD App extension for Google Chrome has a lot of permission set, making it very intrusive. It can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and change your search settings to: searchdimension.com. The extensions description is “Search Dimension omni bar control with Google Chrome Search API.”
One of the biggest concerns with the extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the SD App extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays SD App advertisements, it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats that should be removed.
SD App removal steps
The SD App removal steps on this page will help you remove the SD App extension, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the SD App extension to remove it.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the SD App add-on to remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the SD App add-on with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the SD App extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.