Baboom (also searched for as Baboom virus or Baboom search virus) is the title of a publisher that has developed several browser plugins including “Baboom search” and “Baboom New Tab.” The Baboom search and Baboom New Tab browser extensions are used to change the homepage (startpage) and default search engine of affected internet browsers. In turn, Baboom extensions will cause affected browsers to redirect to feed.baboom.audio, search.safefinder.com, and other webpages.
Although these programs are typically referred to as the “Baboom virus” the browser extensions are not actually defined as computer viruses or malware. They are essentially categorized by internet security products as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that engage in misleading marketing tactics and hijack internet browser settings.
- What is Baboom?
- How to uninstall Baboom
- How to remove Baboom with Malwarebytes
- Baboom removal tips
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
What is Baboom?
Baboom Search and Baboom New Tab are promoted as free browser extensions that let you listen to live radio directly from your internet browser. It claims to contain more than 10,000 global radio stations. However, in return, Baboom extensions will read and change all your data on the websites you visit, communicate with cooperating websites, and change your search settings to feed.baboom.audio and other webpages.
Baboom and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Baboom is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Baboom may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
Many victims have complained of unwanted pop-up ads caused by third-party adware. Adware associated with Baboom display ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This means that the adware will manufacture advertisements based off of your personal browsing data, such as your bookmarks and history.
As previously mentioned, Baboom is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Baboom if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
- Baboom search and New Tab bundle with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Baboom search and New Tab is usually bundled inside or advertised by third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Adware that may arrive alongside Baboom search and New Tab inject the webpages you visit with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Baboom search and New Tab change existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
- Baboom New Tab will launch at system startup and continue to run in the background even once Google Chrome is closed.
- The Baboom search extension for Google Chrome can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- The Baboom search extension for Google Chrome can communicate with cooperating websites.
- The Baboom search extension for Google Chrome will change your search settings to: feed.baboom.audio and other webpages.
How to uninstall Baboom
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Baboom in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Baboom to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Baboom in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for Baboom search and Baboom New Tab in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for Baboom search and Baboom New Tab add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for Baboom search and Baboom New Tab extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
How to remove Baboom with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Baboom removal tips
- If you do not find Baboom in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Baboom you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411