How to remove PCAcceleratePro (Virus Removal Guide)
PCAcceleratePro by Installer Technology (also searched for as PCAcceleratePro virus, PC Accelerate Pro) is a possible rogue Windows optimization program that usually obtains access to a computer system without user consent or knowledge. At the least, this program is not valuable to a computer system. PCAcceleratePro is known to automatically download and install in the background while you work. It is typically introduced by third-party software bundlers and files that remain hidden on your computer or trick you into installing the program. PCAcceleratePro is possibly destructive and can cause a lot of problems for computer users. It can also be the sign of a serious malware infection because it is known to bundle with other unwanted programs and malware.
Once PCAcceleratePro is installed it will begin to allegedly perform a scan to “optimize and clean your computer to improve performance.” The scan will always return a large amount of issues that are “slowing down your computer.” Our PCAcceleratePro review concluded that the program found 190 issues on a clean computer system.
Once the PCAcceleratePro scan is complete it will attempt to persuade users to activate a license by purchasing the full version of PCAcceleratePro. it will also try to get users to call their customer tech support line at 1-877-969-3211 (or other number).
PCAcceleratePro is known to be potentially dangerous, which is why many people identify it as the “PCAcceleratePro virus” even though it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Aside from essentially being an unnecessary and possibly malicious program, PCAcceleratePro will use up your compute resources, including memory and CPU. This can cause your computer to become slow and sluggish, or even crash.
To make matters much worse, PCAcceleratePro bundles with other unwanted programs, adware, and very severe forms of malware, including InstantSupport by the same publisher. If you have found PCAcceleratePro installed on your computer without your consent it is very likely that your computer has become infected with malicious software. Third-party threats that bundle with PCAcceleratePro can cause additional issues for computer and internet users, and will ultimately put everyone’s privacy at risk.
There are different ways that PCAcceleratePro can get onto your computer. It is often promoted by third-party freeware installers and download managers as a custom or sponsored offer. Users will be able to accept or decline the program from gaining entrance to their computers, but this isn’t always the case. PCAcceleratePro can also automatically download in the background while you work on your computer via third-party software bundlers, trojan horses, and other files.
[fancy_box title=”PCAcceleratePro overview”]
- PCAcceleratePro bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- PCAcceleratePro is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- PCAcceleratePro injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- PCAcceleratePro makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove PCAcceleratePro virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove PCAcceleratePro virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove PCAcceleratePro
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove PCAcceleratePro virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “PCAcceleratePro” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing PCAcceleratePro we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove PCAcceleratePro.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove PCAcceleratePro (Uninstall)
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for PCAcceleratePro by Tuneupe computer (or other publisher) in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PCAcceleratePro to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PCAcceleratePro in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove PCAcceleratePro below.[/note]
PCAcceleratePro virus removal tips
- If you do not find PCAcceleratePro in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PCAcceleratePro you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411