What is PalMall?
PalMall (Pal Mall) is very suspicious adware that mostly hides on an infected computer system and masks itself using different titles and publishers although it is the same program. Despite its name, PalMal is not your “Pal.” If you find this adware installed you will probably notice unwanted advertisements while browsing the web; However, this may be the least of your problems as this adware usually bundles with other unwanted programs and potential malware that should be eradicated upon discovery.
Potential PalMall malware often installs alongside other unwanted programs that will cause other issues for users, including browser redirects, decreased browsing and computing performance, slower internet speeds, and much more. In order to stop all unwanted activities it will be necessary to uninstall and remove other programs and browser attachments masked by different titles and publishers. A lot of associated titles may be spelled with similar names.
The most relevant symptom of the PalMall virus are pop-up advertisements; However, it can be concluded that the programs used to display these advertisements patently violate a user’s basic civil liberties by accessing personal information for marketing purposes without direct user knowledge. This adware can usually access browsing activities, bookmarks, history, and much more. This is why it is strongly suggested to immediately remove this program and other items if found.
How to remove PalMall (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall PalMall
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled PalMall. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove PalMall add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PalMall extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PalMall add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PalMall add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.