What is Online Ad Scanner?
Online Ad Scanner is a program that has been flagged by numerous internet security analysts and vendors of Anti-Malware software. This freeware claims to be a tool used to scan for online advertisements; However, once this program, as well as associated browser add-ons and extensions are installed internet users will be bombarded with ads by Online Ad Scanner.
Online Ad Scanner is adware according to most reputable resources. It displays various pop-up advertisements, coupons, surveys, and toolbars while users are browsing the internet. This potentially unwanted program can get onto a computer system and attach to popular internet browsers often undetected and begin to gather user browsing data, such as a user’s complete browsing activities on all websites, history, bookmarks, and more.
The collected information may be shared with third-party contractors and associated platforms, but is primarily used to service multiple targeted advertisements based off collected user data.
Furthermore, these programs usually come bundled with other unwanted items that can cause different issues and will have permissions set that can allow them to change additional existing internet browser settings. In turn, additional items may cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups to suspicious websites such as lasaoren.
How to remove Online Ad Scanner (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Online Ad Scanner
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Online Ad Scanner. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove Online Ad Scanner add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Online Ad Scanner attachments from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Online Ad Scanner extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Online Ad Scanner add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Online Ad Scanner add-on and remove it if located.