How to remove ScorpionSaver (Virus Removal Guide)
The ScorpionSaver virus (also found as Scorpion Saver virus, brought by ScorpionSaver virus, ScorpionSaver Services, or Ads by ScorpionSaver) is adware that usually downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on and extension without user consent. ScorpionSaver adware is also known to primarily bundle with third-party items and potentially unwanted programs that may cause additional complications.
Once ScorpionSaver malware is installed, it will begin to replace existing internet browser settings and displays unwanted pop-up advertisements, in-text ads, banner ads, and especially drop-down coupons ads on popular online retail websites including walmart.com, ebay, and others. Most of the time ScorpionSaver ads appear form the bottom right of an open internet browser window containing suspicious targeted ads in a stretched out menu with a top bar that says Deals in green.
ScorpionSaver adware will attempt to display targeted coupons and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites by displaying a drop down tab and menu that can be identified by text that says the user has a numerical amount of coupons. The advertisements may drop down from the top right of the open internet browser window in a light blue drop-down list that contains links to coupons. Once clicked a coupon may be applied to the visited webpage.
Some ScorpionSaver pop-ups can be identified by a blue, green, or white tab at the top browser window as well as banners and skyscrapers that say Ads by ScorpionSaver or brought by ScorpionSaver with a link to the Adpeak (ScorpionSaver.com) company website.
Once a program that is used to assist in displaying ScorpionSaver advertisements is installed it will begin to change Microsoft Windows start-up settings and internet browser settings. Furthermore unwanted applications used to promote ScorpionSaver advertisements may violate user privacy by collecting and distributing sensitive user information and ruin a computer’s functionality and internet browsing experience (often associated with unwanted browser redirections and changed homepage settings).
ScorpionSaver has permission to access your data on all websites, read and modify your browsing history, and access your tabs and browsing activity which leads many experts to label this browser attachment as spyware.
Scorpion Saver malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
ScorpionSaver is also stubborn to uninstall and will make users reboot their systems and/or enter a verification code before the adware can be removed properly.
How does ScorpionSaver adware get onto a computer?
ScorpionSaver often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware from websites such as download.com. In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install ScorpionSaver adware and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner as pictured below where the Accept button will appear where the Next button does during the installation process in order to trick users into installing excessive bloatware and malware.
ScorpionSaver adware can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of unethical sources including the company website.
How to remove ScorpionSaver (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall ScorpionSaver
- Step 3: Remove ScorpionSaver malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove ScorpionSaver add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall ScorpionSaver
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for ScorpionSaver and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. A new window may appear in French (or other language) that says “Vous estes sur le point de deinstaller ScorpionSaver et tous les jeux qui l’accompagnent. Estes-vous sur de vouloir continuer?” If the language is in French, click the green Oui button to uninstall this program.
Step 3: Remove ScorpionSaver malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.