How to remove PC Power Speed – Removal Instructions (Uninstall Guide)
PC Power Speed virus
PC Power Speed (also found as PC PowerSpeed) is potential malware categorized as scareware that is reported to install to a computer system with or without consent and potentially scam victims into purchasing the full version of the non-beneficial Microsoft Windows optimizer program titled PC Power Speed (Professional) and cause other issues for computer and internet users relating to the invasion of privacy and loss of computer functionality. PC Power Speed is essentially considered a rogue optimization program that performs fake registry and system scans resulting in fraudulent results that claim a numerical amount of errors or issues are “slowing down your computer” and need to be fixed by registering the software.
PC Power Speed may also install first and third-party software including Conduit Toolbar, Spigot Toolbar, and other titles. These items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to change existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
PC Power Speed, related third-party software, and similar forms of possible rogue software raise privacy concerns. Some reports indicate that PC Power Speed and related parties may include users to marketing and mailing lists without consent or knowledge. Users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers. In more severe (but rare) scenarios, victims of similar malware infections have fallen victim to credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Some may refer to this software as the PC Power Speed virus due to the deceptive marketing tactics used by the developer and distribution locations, though this program is not technically a computer virus. PC Power Speed will claim that “PC Power Speed fix some issues but your PC still contains xx issues!” in attempt to persuade victims to Upgrade and Fix their Windows PC by purchasing PC Power Speed professional or full version. DO NOT PURCHASE PC Power Speed as this software adds no benefits to computer users and may entrap victims to unethical terms.
How does PC Power Speed malware get onto a computer?
PC Power Speed can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of questionable locations. PC Power Speed is also known to install to a computer system without user consent often bundled with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
PC Power Speed and related items may also download to a computer without user knowledge via advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content.
How to remove PC Power Speed
- Automatically remove PC Power Speed – Scan for and automatically remove PC Power Speed associated malware
- Manually remove PC Power Speed – Remove/Uninstall PC Power Speed and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic PC Power Speed removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC Power Speed scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn PC Power Speed software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “PC Power Speed.”
4. To automatically uninstall PC PowerSpeed and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located PC Power Speed software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual PC Power Speed removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PC Power Speed using generic removal procedures, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall PC Power Speed
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for PC Power Speed and other potentially unwanted software including Vtools Toolbar by Spigot. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
* If a pop-up appears in attempt to persuade victims to keep the software or even upgrade the free version of the illegitimate software click “No please uninstall” or attempt to X out of the window prompt. If PC Power Speed ignores the request simply try again or use the automatic removal instructions above.