Kangobox by Pinball Corp (also referred to as Kangobox virus) is a adware that injects the webpages you view online with advertisements. Kangobox is usually distributed by other free programs and software bundlers. The program is often automatically installed without user consent or knowledge.
|Did you know that Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium and Vipre Antivirus have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer? Antivirus and Antimalware programs with real-time protection can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals. Subscribing to reputable programs such as Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium and Vipre Antivirus is strongly recommended to keep your computer safe. These two programs can also run together on the same machine to boost real-time security features and scan options.|
- Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel (or select Programs and Features).
- Click Uninstall a program (in earlier versions of Windows this is called Add and remove programs) in the Programs section in Windows Control Panel.
- Search for Kangobox version 1 and other unwanted programs in the list of programs installed on your computer. If you cannot find programs installed on your computer it is recommended to remove Kangobox with Malwarebytes and then perform a second opinion-scan with HitmanPro to remove remaining trace files.
- Double click the program you want to remove to begin the uninstall process.
ALSO SEE: How to uninstall a program from Mac
Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
- Click the trashcan icon next to the unwanted extension to remove it.
- Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
- Click Remove next to the unwanted add-on you to remove it.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
- Click the Uninstall button next to the unwanted extension you to remove it.
Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. <<CLICK HERE TO BUY MALWAREBYTES 3.0>>
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro. <<CLICK HERE TO BUY HITMANPRO>>
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.