Attentive Antivirus – Malware Security Suite
The Attentive Antivirus virus, otherwise referred to as Attentive Antivirus – Malware Security Suite is a dangerous rogue Windows Antivirus and Anti-Spyware program in the Win.WebSec family of infections, classified as malware in the scareware category, that primarily downloads and installs onto a Microsoft Windows PC without user consent in order to scare victims into purchasing the full Attentive Antivirus edition (version) by performing fake system scans and displays fake scan results and notifications. The fake Attentive Antivirus program and third-party malware also cause other issues for victims relating to the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Attentive Antivirus masquerades as a legitimate Antivirus program used to improve system security, eradicate malware, protect memory, and help with other issues. However this program is fraudulent and dangerous. When installed the fake Attentive Antivirus program will start up when Windows is booted and proceeds to performs fake scans for malware and computer viruses. Results returned by the fake scan may claim that the computer contains dangerous malware, trojans, spyware, and is facing additional issues that need to be resolved. Furthermore, Attentive Antivirus will claim that in order to fix or repair the issues facing the computer the computer user must buy the full edition of Attentive Antivirus.
The messages and scan results displayed by this computer virus that masquerades as a legitimate Antivirus program should be ignored. Common messages prompted by this program are detailed below:
Warning! Network attack attempt detected. We strongly recommend activating full edition of Attentive Antivirus for repairing threats. Warning! Network attack attempt detected. To keep the computer safe, the threat must be blocked.
Attentive Antivirus may also terminate software used to remove it, including ‘actual’ legitimate Antivirus suites as detailed in the fraudulent message below:
Warning! Infected file detected Location: File System Suspicious activity detected in the application cmd.exe to the behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application cmd.exe has been temporarily restricted.
If Attentive Antivirus is installed on your computer system, remove the malware immediately using the free removal instructions further below. Do not buy the full version or activate the full version of this malicious product. Do not give cyber criminals your personal purchase information. If you believe your accounts have been compromised please contact the necessary institutions.
How does Attentive Antivirus get onto a computer?
Attentive Antivirus can be manually and voluntarily downloaded as the program pay promote itself as a safe and legitimate Antivirus program on a variety of suspicious websites. Though this is the case, Attentive Antivirus most often installs without user consent or knowledge and begins to corrupt a system.
Attentive Antivirus can be contracted alongside downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and even torrents. In some cases clicking malicious links contained in advertisements, email spam, and compromised social media content initiated the unauthorized contraction.
How to remove Attentive Antivirus
- Automatically remove Attentive Antivirus – Scan for and automatically remove Attentive Antivirus malware
- Manually remove Attentive Antivirus – Remove/Uninstall Attentive Antivirus and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic Attentive Antivirus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Attentive Antivirus scareware and third-party malware.
The free and full versions of Malwarebytes will detect and remove Attentive Antivirus malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Attentive Antivirus and relating malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn Attentive Antivirus software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “pcfighter or spamfighter.”
4. To automatically uninstall Attentive Antivirus and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located Attentive Antivirus software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual Attentive Antivirus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Attentive Antivirususing generic removal procedures, as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside Attentive Antivirus software.
Identifying Attentive Antivirus files (Advanced)
In some cases, Attentive Antivirus can be manually removed by deleting associated files. Identifying these files is not always easy and is not recommended. Common file locations and file names are detailed below:
%CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\ %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\DD1 %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.exe.manifest %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7.ico %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7kassgxDq.in %CommonAppData%\WaDprnV7\WaDprnV7kassgxDq.lg
How to uninstall Attentive Antivirus (Win.Rogue)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Attentive Antivirus and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.