How to remove Driver Manager (Virus Removal Guide)
Driver Manager (Virus Removal)
Driver Manager by SafeBytes Software Inc. is a Windows Driver Updater (Windows Maintenance Suite) with a bad online reputation. Driver Manager is noted for being entirely advertisement-supported and is said to offer no realistic value to computer users. The tasks this program performs are actually provided automatically and for free on the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
This program is often referred to as the Driver Manager virus, but this program is not technically a computer virus. Instead this program will be detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or malware in the scareware category of computer threats by reputable and safe security products.
Driver Manager is known to cause many problems for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy, targeted advertisements, misleading scans, misleading marketing tactics, and decrease in system performance and loss of internet connection.
Many users have also found potential Driver Manager malware installed onto their Windows computer without consent. This is because this non-beneficial Windows program may engage in suspicious marketing techniques that allow it to bundle with third-party items.
In some cases users will be presented with the option to install Driver Manager and other items, including browser add-ons and extensions during the installation process of third-party software from websites such as download.com; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing format.
Driver Manager is advertisement-supported freeware that promotes sponsored links, advertisers, and tech support hotlines. If this program is installed, it is highly likely that a computer and internet user will experience unwanted pop-up advertisements and system messages.
How to remove Driver Manager (Virus Removal)
This Driver Manager removal guide contains instructions to remove Driver Manager virus and other malware from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of fake Driver Manager scareware with the steps provided on this webpage.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Driver Manager and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall Driver Manager from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall Driver Manager
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Driver Manager by SafeBytes Software Inc. and other potentially unwanted software. Once the potentially rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.