How to remove Cool GetWeather (Virus Removal Guide)
Cool GetWeather (also known as Cool GetWeather virus) is an advertisement-supported potentially unwanted program that is known to bundle with other unwanted programs and computer threats. It is usually pack inside third-party freeware and shareware software bundlers and download managers. Reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware engines have additionally included this program and standalone browser extension as adware. Once this adware and unwanted program has gained access to your computer system it will access and modify your user browsing data and settings and ultimately use your private data to generate descriptive and intrusive advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on based off of your browsing experiences.
What is Cool GetWeather?
Cool GetWeather is promoted as a free desktop weather application which can be used to display current weather temperatures in a custom location and weather alerts. There are many ad-supported programs similar to Cool GetWeather such as Desktop Weather.
Cool GetWeather adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Cool GetWeather if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files. [fancy_box title=”Cool GetWeather overview”]
- Cool GetWeather bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Cool GetWeather is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Cool GetWeather injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Cool GetWeather makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Cool GetWeather (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Cool GetWeather with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Cool GetWeather
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Cool GetWeather with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Cool GetWeather” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Cool GetWeather we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Cool GetWeather.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Cool GetWeather
How to uninstall Cool GetWeather
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Cool GetWeather in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Cool GetWeather to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Cool GetWeather in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Cool GetWeather below.[/note]
How to remove Cool GetWeather add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cool GetWeather extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Cool GetWeather add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cool GetWeather extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Cool GetWeather in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Cool GetWeather below.[/note]
Tips to remove Cool GetWeather
- If you do not find Cool GetWeather in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Cool GetWeather you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411