Desktop Weather Alerts virus is a term commonly used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that is primarily employed to access a PC without user knowledge, collect user browsing data, and inject webpages with deceptive and intrusive ‘targeted’ advertisements. Desktop Weather Alerts ads can be delivered in different forms. They can arrive as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads that appear when a user hovers over underlined text, generic pop-up ads, and pop-under ads that prompt open a new browser window. Ads by Desktop Weather Alerts are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Desktop Weather Alerts adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a threat or sign of a severe malware infestation. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Desktop Weather Alerts if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any malicious files.
This program is usually promoted as a free application that can display current weather alerts and information on your PC’s desktop.
[fancy_box title=”Desktop Weather Alerts overview”]
- The Desktop Weather Alerts extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Desktop Weather Alerts extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Desktop Weather Alerts bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Desktop Weather Alerts is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Desktop Weather Alerts injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Desktop Weather Alerts makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Desktop Weather Alerts (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Desktop Weather Alerts with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Desktop Weather Alerts
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Desktop Weather Alerts with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Desktop Weather Alerts” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Desktop Weather Alerts we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Desktop Weather Alerts.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Desktop Weather Alerts
How to uninstall Desktop Weather Alerts
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Desktop Weather Alerts in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Desktop Weather Alerts to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Desktop Weather Alerts in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Desktop Weather Alerts below.[/note]
How to remove Desktop Weather Alerts add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Desktop Weather Alerts extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Desktop Weather Alerts add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Desktop Weather Alerts extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Desktop Weather Alerts in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Desktop Weather Alerts below.[/note]
Tips to remove Desktop Weather Alerts
- If you do not find Desktop Weather Alerts in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Desktop Weather Alerts you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411