How to block build-audience.for-your.website referral spam in Google Analytics
Build-audience.for-your.website is one of the latest referrer spam URLs that currently forwards to various websites including http://easyvideosuite.com/launch/. The build-audience.for-your.website domain name is used to spam Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to promote service provided by easyvideosuite.com and other landing pages.
Referral traffic from this website doesn’t actually land on your website. It is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic that basically targets your Google Analytics ID at random and appears in your Google Analytics data. This can cause a lot of problems with your website’s appropriate analytical data. If you value your website’s data you will want to block build-audience.for-your.website referral spam at the source by using the method suggested by Google. This is explained further below on this page.
Build-audience.for-your.website referrer spam and referrer spam in general is becoming a big issue and hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. A new batch of referrer spam URLs began to circulate on December 25, 2015 and this is one of them. The blackhat SEO tactic does not seem to be slowing down.
A big issue with referrer spam is that it can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URLs usually ‘appear’ to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which can negatively interfere with the results of your appropriate bounce rate. It creates a 100% bounce rate and if referrer spam URLs hit your website hundreds of times a day it can be a very big problem. This is not the only Google Analytics data that spam referrals can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
What is build-audience.for-your.website?
Build-audience.for-your.website is one of the latest referrer spam URLs that currently forwards to various websites including http://easyvideosuite.com/launch/. The build-audience.for-your.website domain name is used to spam Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to promote paid services provided by easyvideosuite.com and other landing pages. Services include a “video marketing on steroids” service for online videos.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Build-audience.for-your.website referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block build-audience.for-your.website
This guide shows you how to block build-audience.for-your.website referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop build-audience.for-your.website referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add build-audience.for-your.website or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add build-audience.for-your.website and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | build-audience.for-your.website