How to remove Browser Champion (Virus Removal Guide)
This Browser Champion removal guide will help you remove the Browser Champion virus and third-party malware to get rid of ads by Browser Champion on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Browser Champion virus
The Browser Champion virus is a term used to identify a high-risk potentially unwanted program (PUP) published by Gratifying Apps that many analysts and users find very problematic and destructive. This unwanted program, including browser add-ons and extensions it associates with are used to perform many potentially malicious and questionable activities. For example, Browser Champion can access, gather, and control a user’s browsing activities, bookmarks, history, and themes, display a wide variety of advertisements, install additional programs, change proxy settings, decrease browsing and computing performance and functionality, and more.
Once installed, this definite adware, as well as programs that it may associate with, including third-party applications will begin to change internet proxy settings, internet browser settings, system start-up settings, and more. Users may also notice pop-up notifications on Windows Desktop promoting third-party items.
Most users will notice pop-up advertisements and in-text advertisements that highlight certain texts on a webpage displayed by this adware while browsing the internet. Most advertisements generated can be identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Browser Champion” or “Click to Continue > by Browser Champion.” However, the advertisements can also contain videos, drop-down coupon menus, and other items where text may not be visible to identify the program or advertising platform. Furthermore, this adware can generate pop-under advertisements that appear in or redirect users to a new browser window. Some of these pop-under advertisements cause redirections to survey-scam websites designed to gather manually submitted user information for marketing purposes.
What most users may find unacceptable is the fact that the Browser Champion add-on and extension has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, manage your apps, extensions, and themes, as well as communicate with cooperating native applications.
Popular internet browser such as Google Chrome have even attempted to disable this potentially malicious add-on and may display an alert message for the unsupported extension.
What makes matters worse is that potential Browser Champion malware is difficult or confusing for many users to remove and uninstall. First of all, the add-on and extension with the same title can not be removed from such internet browsers as Google Chrome and users must first restart their operating systems to uninstall the unwanted program from Windows Control Panel. However, once a system is restarted a very large amount of enabled start-up settings can cause further issues. This program will mask start-up settings with titles/names like “bservice, bservice64, cl, pwdg, and wd” making it harder to identify or understand the threat.
How to remove Browser Champion
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall this unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Browser Champion
1. Restart your computer or log out of your user account and sign back in.
2. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu and click Programs and Features to by pass the Control Panel and the next step.
3. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you can bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled Browser Champion (by Gratifying Apps or other). Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Ignore any promotions that may appear and follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program, including entering a captcha. *Another program published by Gratifying Apps includes ProtectedSurf.
How to remove Browser Champion add-ons and extensions
In order to manually remove browser add-ons and extensions you must first manually uninstall this adware using the Control Panel.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Browser Champion extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it if available.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Browser Champion add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Browser Champion add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.