How to remove BrickEnforcer (Virus Removal Guide)
The BrickEnforcer virus (also known as Brick Enforcer) is a term used to identify adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that serves pop-up and targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Although BrickEnforcer adware is not technically a computer virus, the adware shares many of the same characteristics. The adware utilizes multiple programs and browser attachments to generate advertisements and creates new tasks that allow it to run every time Windows starts.
Furthermore, the BrickEnforcer virus (although not technically a computer virus) is difficult to completely remove. Once the BrickEnforcer extension is manually removed and the browser window is closed, the extension will reappear the next time the browser window is opened.
What is BrickEnforcer?
Publisher Description: N/A
- BrickEnforcer bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- BrickEnforcer can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- BrickEnforcer can read and change your browsing history.
- BrickEnforcer can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- BrickEnforcer can manage your downloads.
How does BrickEnforcer get on a computer?
The BrickEnforcer virus is usually contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing is often ignored or presented in a deceptive manner.
How to remove BrickEnforcer
- Step 1: Remove BrickEnforcer add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall BrickEnforcer
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove BrickEnforcer add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrickEnforcer extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BrickEnforcer add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the BrickEnforcer add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel using the steps below.
Step 2: Uninstall BrickEnforcer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for BrickEnforcer and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.