ysearchservice is the title of a cross-browser advertisement-supported program that is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by many Antivirus databases. ysearchservice is known to be deceptive and intrusive. It usually infects a computer system without permission or knowledge and will generate targeted pop-up ads that say “Ads by ysearchservice” on them.
The ysearchservice virus injects the webpages internet users visit with targeted advertisements and sponsored search results. This is a big concern because in order to create ‘targeted’ advertisements and search results ysearchservice adware will need to access and gather user browsing data and modify browser settings. Information this adware observes includes all data on the websites you visit and all browsing activities, such as information submitted into online forms (web searches, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.), bookmarks, and browser history. This information combined will allow the adware to generate specific advertisements and ysearchservice search results that are specifically designed to bait internet users into clicking them based off their current and past online habits.
ysearchservice adware also bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. This adware and the programs that it bundles with schedule new tasks and change existing system start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this adware infection can also cause additional issues for computer and internet users.
Even though the ysearchservice virus is not technically defined as a computer virus the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a serious computer infection. Since ysearchservice is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware like Lights Cinema, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove ysearchservice and malicious files that it may bundle with.
How did ysearchservice get on my computer?
ysearchservice is commonly contracted without user consent or knowledge. The adware is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web; therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content that this adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously and manually install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install ysearchservice adware and other objects alongside the freeware during the installation and setup process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a deceptive manner and the adware will install anyways.
This program and objects that it bundles with can also be promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements are usually dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- ysearchservice can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- ysearchservice can read and change your browsing history.
- ysearchservice can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- ysearchservice can manage your downloads.
- ysearchservice bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- ysearchservice is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as Cnet (download.com), Softonic, and others.
- ysearchservice injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- ysearchservice makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove ysearchservice (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove ysearchservice extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall ysearchservice from Windows
- Step 3: Remove ysearchservice virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove ysearchservice extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ysearchservice extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the ysearchservice add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the ysearchservice extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall ysearchservice from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for ysearchservice and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove ysearchservice virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.