How to remove Lights Cinema (Virus Removal Guide)
Lights Cinema (Lights Cinema 1.5beta, Lights Cinema virus) is the title of a deceptive and intrusive adware program and browser add-on and extension that primarily gets onto a computer system and attaches to affected internet browsers without consent or knowledge from the computer user. Once Lights Cinema adware has been contracted the adware will display pop-up and targeted banner advertisements and in-text hyperlink advertisements that say “Ads by Lights Cinema” or something similar.
The Lights Cinema virus injects the webpages you visit with targeted advertisements and sponsored search results. This is a big concern because in order to manufacture ‘targeted’ advertisements from scratch the adware will need to access and gather user browsing data and modify current browser settings. Information this adware observes and collects includes all data on the websites you visit and all browsing activities, such as information submitted into online forms like web searches, email addresses, telephone numbers, and more, bookmarks, and browser history. This information this adware collects will allow it to generate specific ads by Lights Cinema based off of browsing habits recorded from the infected computer.
Lights Cinema adware also bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and possible malicious threats. This adware and the programs that it bundles with schedule new tasks and change existing system start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this adware infection can also cause additional issues for computer and internet users.
Even though the Lights Cinema virus is not technically defined as a computer virus the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a serious computer infection. Since Lights Cinema is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware like shoppilation, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove Lights Cinema and malicious files that it may bundle with.
Browser attachments that bundle with Lights Cinema and generic adware create ‘permissions’ which allow them to perform tasks internet users may find undesirable. Common permissions associated with adware infections are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
How did Lights Cinema get on my computer?
Lights Cinema is commonly contracted without user consent or knowledge. The adware is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web; therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content that this adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously and manually install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Lights Cinema adware and other objects alongside the freeware during the installation and setup process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a deceptive manner and the adware will install anyways.
This program and objects that it bundles with can also be promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements are usually dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove Lights Cinema (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Lights Cinema extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Lights Cinema from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Lights Cinema virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Lights Cinema extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Lights Cinema extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Lights Cinema add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Lights Cinema from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Lights Cinema and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Lights Cinema virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.