websearch.hotsearches.info virus removal
If you find that your internet browser is redirecting to websearch.hotsearches.info your computer has become infected with a potentially unwanted program and a browser hijacker. These programs may also bundle with severe forms of malware. So, if you notice that Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari are redirecting to websearch.hotsearches.info when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address bar you have a problem that you should fix immediately.
Once potential websearch.hotsearches malware or programs that promote the search engine have installed onto an infected computer system, internet users will fall victim to continuous browser redirects to websearch.hotsearches.info and other webpages when a new browser window or tab is opened. Internet browsers will also start-up on the webpage. Internet users may also become bombarded with pop-up ads while they browse the web.
There are a variety of potentially unwanted programs used to cause browser redirects to websearch.hotsearches.info. This means it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to fix this issue.
How to remove websearch.hotsearches.info
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove websearch.hotsearches.info search engine
- Step 4: Remove websearch.hotsearches.info homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
4. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove websearch.hotsearches.info search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove websearch.hotsearches.info search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove websearch.hotsearches.info search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to websearch.hotsearches.info search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove websearch.hotsearches.info homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove websearch.hotsearches.info from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove websearch.hotsearches.info from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove websearch.hotsearches.info and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.