The Web Zoom virus is a term used to single out a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the adware category of computer threats that proliferates pop-up advertisements in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Web Zoom is infamous for creating new tasks that become scheduled to run each time Windows starts.
What is Web Zoom?
Publisher Description: N/A
- This program bundles with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- This program can view and modify all your website data.
- This program can gather and modify your internet browsing history.
- This program can govern your apps, extensions, and themes.
- This program can manage your downloads.
How does Web Zoom get on a computer?
The Web Zoom virus (although not technically a computer virus) is mainly gained without knowledge alongside free downloadable content, like freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. Principally, internet users are given an opportunity to accept or refuse a custom offer to install this program and other items; However, the offer to stop the program from installing is always overlooked by the distributor and exhibited in a malicious manner.
How to remove Web Zoom
- Step 1: Remove Web Zoom add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Web Zoom
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Web Zoom add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Web Zoom extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Web Zoom add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Web Zoom add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel using the steps below.
Step 2: Uninstall Web Zoom
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Web Zoom and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.