Watchdog Privacy Guard is promoted as a security program that stops tracking, guards you against internet fraud, and cleans your computer. However, according to VirusTotal, Watchdog Privacy Guard is detected by many security programs as a potentially unwanted program (PUP), malicious program, and Generic Trojan.
Ad-Aware detects the WatchdogPrivacyGuardSetup file as Trojan.Generic, Arcabit detects it as Trojan.Generic, Cyberreason detects it as malicious, Emisoft detects it as Trojan.Generic, ESET detects it as a potentially unwanted program, GData detects it as Trojan.Generic, ALYac detects it as Trojan.Generic, BitDefender detects it as Trojan.Generic, DrWeb detects it as Program.Unwanted, eScan detects it as Trojan.Generic, and F-Secure detects it as Trojan.Generic.
The instructions below will help you remove Watchdog Privacy Guard and other unwanted and malicious files from your computer:
1. Right-click the Start Menu and go to Apps and Features.
2. Find Watchdog Privacy Guard in the list of installed programs, click it with your mouse, and click the Uninstall button.
3. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
7. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.