Our free removal guide explains what StreamHDNow is and has instructions to help you remove the StreamHDNow extension and other threats from your computer.
Description and Permissions
Promotions by StreamHDNow
This Chrome extension shows advertisements to you while you are on the web. This extension monitors browsing data in order to serve you relevant ads.
We use advertisements as a way to support our site so that you can continue to use StreamHDNow for free!
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
What is StreamHDNow?
StreamHDNow is a potentially malicious internet browser extension similar to the BigGamez extension that was recently removed from Google Chrome’s store. StreamHDNow is compatible with Google Chrome and other web browsers. When the StreamHDNow extension is installed it will show you promotional content and display advertisements while you browse the web. Some advertisements may appear as double-underlined text and when you hover your mouse over the text a pop-up will appear.
One of the security issues with the StreamHDNow extension is that it is advertised on websites that also advertise and host malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, and spyware. This means that if you have seen an advertisement for StreamHDNow or found the extension installed it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats that should be eradicated with urgency.
How is it distributed?
The StreamHDNow extension is usually distributed like most common unwanted programs and browser attachments are. The extension is bolstered by advertisements that can be deceptive. It might be advertised as something it is not in order to trick victims into installing it and other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
The extension is often offered as a custom or advanced installation by third-party download managers for freeware programs. The download managers may give the user a chance to accept or decline the offer to install this extension and others. If the user does not opt out the program will install in the background. The way that the custom installation is presented may also be inadequate and designed to trick the user into installing programs they did not mean to install. It’s advised to be alert when installing free programs from the internet and keep an eye out for custom installation presentations to avoid any confusion and security risks.
How do I remove StreamHDNow?
STEP 1: Remove malware from your computer
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, click the file you just downloaded. It can usually be located in the Download folder.
3. A window that says “Welcome to the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard” will appear. Click Agree and Install to begin the installation. Once complete, click Finish.
4. Now the Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Next, Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
8. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
9. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
10. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. Click the Reboot button.
Your computer should now be completely free of StreamHDNow Extension and other malicious files; However, you can still use the manual repair and uninstall instructions below if your browser settings have not been repaired or if you think an unwanted program is still installed on your machine.
STEP 2: Remove StreamHDNow extension
1. Open the Customize and control Google Chrome menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the StreamHDNow extension in the list and click the Remove button to remove it.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Uninstall unwanted programs
If you are infected with adware and other unwanted programs you might be able to uninstall unwanted programs from your computer. Use these instructions to uninstall unwanted programs that may have installed on your machine. If you do not find a program installed on your machine make sure to scan your computer for malware using the instructions above.