Snail Translate might seem like a useful program that can help you translate content on the webpages you visit; However, the program is recognized as adware that continuously generates pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge. Once the program is installed it will generate advertisements that say Ads By Snail Translate.
In addition to advertisements being served inside the web browser, advertisements can also be displayed across third-party apps and on Windows Desktop. Snail Translate ads will appear as generic pop-up ads, pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window, and in-text advertisements that appear when you hover your mouse over hyperlinked text on a webpage.
Snail Translate Distribution Method
Like most adware, Snail Translate bundles with other programs that are downloaded by the user. This usually happens if the user downloads a program or file from a questionable source. Downloading items like freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, Snail Translate adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. Malicious publishers sometimes hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Snail Translate may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Snail Translate Details
|Snail Translate, Snail Translate virus
|Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)
|Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool
|Click Here To Download Malwarebytes
How to remove Snail Translate
This Snail Translate removal guide shows you how to remove Snail Translate, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer in order to get rid of Snail Translate ads in your browser and keep your information secure from associated threats.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Snail Translate and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Snail Translate and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Snail Translate Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Snail Translate, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.