What is Qbit Clean Pro?
Qbit Clean Pro is recognized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) buy various Antivirus programs and independent security researchers. Qbit Clean Pro is promoted as a tool for Windows that can scan for malware, provide ways to enhance system performance, maintain startup settings, and more. One the program has finished performing a scan it will claim to have found numerous things wrong with your computer. A concern with the program is that it detects items that are not malicious and items that have no effect on the performance of a computer. This can be seen as a misleading and deceptive marketing practice.
The biggest concern with Qbit Clean Pro is that many of the issues it detects won’t cause any performance issues on the computer. For example, Qbit Clean Pro is known to detect legitimate files associated with safe programs such as Microsoft Word and list them as medium or high severity issues.
Qbit Clean Pro is also promoted as a system or registry cleaner and the problem with this is that there is no research that proves registry cleaners can boost the performance of your computer. Furthermore, Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners like Qbit Clean Pro because “serious issues can occur when you modify the registry incorrectly using these types of utilities.”
Another concern with the program is that many security programs detect it as a PUP, PUA, rogue program, or malware. If the entire security community has flagged a program, you can be sure that it is not something you want on your computer.
How did Qbit Clean Pro get onto my computer?
There are a couple of ways that Qbit Clean Pro can get onto your computer. Qbit Clean Pro can be downloaded from the developer’s website and from other sites and it can bundle with other programs such as freeware that do not properly disclose that it will be installed.
When installing free software, or really any software in general, it is important to pay close attention to license agreements and what happens during the installation process. If you’re installing software and notice suspicious Custom or Advanced installation options, it would be wise to avoid the software you are installing. The software may be dangerous.
Follow these steps to remove Qbit Clean Pro:
This Qbit Clean Pro removal tutorial was published to provide removal steps that will remove Qbit Clean Pro and any traces of malware on your computer. It is designed to be easy to follow, yet detailed to help you eradicate every single spec of malware on your computer.
Step 1: Use Malwarebytes to Scan for Malware and PUPs
Use Malwarebytes to scan your computer for malware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP). Malwarebytes will scan your computer and get rid of malware including adware, browser hijackers, ransomware, spyware, Trojans, and more.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-126.96.36.19939.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Uninstall Programs From Your Computer
Once you have scanned your computer with Malwarebytes, check to see if there are Potentially Unwanted Programs or Malware that you can manually uninstall from your computer.
1. Right-click the Start menu and go to Apps and Features.
2. Highlight the program you want to remove by clicking on it, then click the Uninstall button that appears. Is there a suspicious program on your computer? Research it online, read user reviews, and decide whether or not it should be removed.
Step 3: Use HitmanPro to Remove Remaining Trace Files
Use HitmanPro to scan your computer for remaining trace files. HitmanPro will scan your computer and get rid of malicious files and tracking cookies.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 4: Use CCleaner to Clean Your System, Maintain Browser Settings, and Update Programs
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.