How to remove Ransomware Blocker (Virus Removal Guide)
Ransomware Blocker is a malicious internet browser extension that causes many problems once it is installed. The Ransomware Blocker extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit. It also uses unethical advertisements to lock your internet browser window and force you to install it. Once installed the Ransomware Blocker extension will block you from going into your Chrome extension in order to remove it. it will also display notifications in your browser window at random. Some notifications might claim that you are infected with ransomware or that your browser is locked.
Ransomware Blocker is basically spyware. It’s primary purpose is to spy on your internet browser habits, collect information about you, and use the information however they please. The Ransomware Blocker extension is also advertised by malicious advertising networks that will promote the installation of malware and other malicious threats.
The Ransomware Blocker extension is usually distributed on websites that contain prohibited content in terms of Google AdSense policies, such as websites that contain streaming videos, pornography, gambling, and other content. Therefor, the websites that promote this malicious extension can only use malicious advertising networks to generate revenue from unsuspecting visitors.
Advertisements that promote this extension or directed through an advertising network to a website owned by the extension’s publisher. The publisher then utilizes unethical lock-screen-type advertisements to lock your browser window in place until you install the Ransomware Blocker extension.
How to remove Ransomware Blocker
This Ransomware Blocker removal guide will help you remove Ransomware Blocker, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer. Follow each step below to remove this infection and protect yourself, friends, and your family from cyber criminals.
- Step 1: Remove Ransomware Blocker extension
- Step 2: Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
- Step 3: Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Step 4: Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Step 5: Manually repair browser settings (Optional)
1. Remove Ransomware Blocker extension
Chrome Version 1:
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Chrome extension you want to remove.
Chrome Version 2:
1. Right click the Ransomware Blocker icon in the menu. The icon is usually transparent and the same color as the menu.
2. Click remove Remove from Chrome….
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Firefox add-on you want to remove.
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Internet Explorer add-on you want to remove with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Safari extension you want to remove.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.