How to remove Quick Weather Updates (Virus Removal Guide)
Quick Weather Updates is a very deceptive and intrusive adware type program that infiltrates a computer system and internet browsers that it affects without your knowledge. This program usually automatically downloads and installs in the background; However, it can also be manually downloaded and installed from a variety of locations on the web. Once Quick Weather Updates adware has entered your computer and attached to Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that often say “Ads by Quick Weather Updates” or “brought by Quick Weather Updates” on them.
What is Quick Weather Updates?
Quick Weather Updates is promoted as a free weather application from your desktop and internet browser which displays the current temperature and will give you weather updates and alerts. There are many programs like it including Desktop Weather Alerts and Cool GetWeather.
Quick Weather Updates adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Quick Weather Updates are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Quick Weather Updates adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Quick Weather Updates if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Quick Weather Updates get on my computer?
Quick Weather Updates and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Quick Weather Updates is frequently bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Quick Weather Updates adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Quick Weather Updates overview”]
- Quick Weather Updates bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Quick Weather Updates is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Quick Weather Updates injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Quick Weather Updates makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Quick Weather Updates virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Quick Weather Updates virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Quick Weather Updates
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Quick Weather Updates virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Quick Weather Updates” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Quick Weather Updates we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Quick Weather Updates.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Quick Weather Updates
How to uninstall Quick Weather Updates
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Quick Weather Updates in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Quick Weather Updates to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Quick Weather Updates in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Quick Weather Updates below.[/note]
How to remove Quick Weather Updates add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Quick Weather Updates extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Quick Weather Updates add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Quick Weather Updates extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Quick Weather Updates in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Quick Weather Updates below.[/note]
Quick Weather Updates virus removal tips
- If you do not find Quick Weather Updates in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Quick Weather Updates you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411