How to remove Quad Player (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Quad Player?
Quad Player is classified as freeware for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. It is promoted as a free video player or updated video player for Windows operating system. However, Quad Player is recognized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware by reputable Antivirus programs such as Malwarebytes.
An issue with Quad Player is that it utilizes deceptive and misleading marketing tactics in order to attract users. For example, a website displayed an advertisement for Quad Player that said our video player might be out of date and gave us the option to update our video player.
To make matters worse, if you download Quad Player as previously explained, it will bundle with other unwanted programs and malware.
Due to various reasons, Quad Player is a potentially malicious program. When it is installed, users may experience:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notification messages from Windows taskbar
- Browser redirects
- Promotional search content
- Declining system performance and functionality
We strongly advise you to avoid installing potentially unwanted programs like Quad Player and to remove them from your computer immediately. This page contains instructions to remove Quad Player from Windows and scan your computer for malware using reputable Antivirus software such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro.
How to Remove Quad Player
This removal tutorial was designed to provide comprehensive removal steps to uninstall Quad Player and remove all traces of malware from your computer. It is designed to be easy to follow, yet detailed to help you eradicate every single spec of malware on your computer.
Step 1: Use Malwarebytes to Scan for Malware and PUPs
Malwarebytes will remove Quad Player, known malware, and PUPs from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-18.104.22.16839.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Use HitmanPro to Remove Remaining Trace Files
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Use CCleaner to Clean Your System, Maintain Browser Settings, and Update Programs
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Uninstall Quad Player From Windows
Uninstall Quad Player from Google Chrome.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Find Quad Player and click the Uninstall button.