PUP.Optional.GoodGame is a detection name used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) all files, folders, and registry objects associated with the program.
The PUP.Optional.GoodGame detection can be detected by a scan or in real-time with use of the Malwarebytes Premium program.
PUP.Optional.GoodGame is a potentially unwanted program that bundles with other unwanted programs, adware, spyware, and malware which means that it is a possibility that other threats have infected your system. Performing a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and quarantining all located results will remove PUP.Optional.GoodGame and other threats from your computer.
It is recommended to remove PUP.Optional.GoodGame if the threat is detected on your computer and to ensure no other threats remain on your system by performing a second opinion scan with HitmanPro. Follow the instructions below:
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
3. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
4. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
8. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
9. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
11. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
12. Click the Reboot button.