Pop Bubbles is adware we recently discovered that displays pop-up advertisements in your web browser after contraction from a questionable source. Pop Bubbles ads can usually be identified by small text on them says something like “Ads by Pop Bubbles.” Pop Bubbles adware utilizes deceptive and misleading tactics in order to infiltrate a computer system that it infects.
Like most adware infections, Pop Bubbles adware is typically bundled with another program that is downloaded by the user. This usually happens if a user downloads a program or file from a disreputable source. Downloadable items like freeware, download managers, and torrent files can result in a potentially unwanted program and malware infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is very well known, reputable, and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious website can lead to an infection because many desperate distributors will bundle objects with their downloads in order to generate revenue by any means possible.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program, Pop Bubbles adware could have automatically downloaded in the background without permission or knowledge of the user. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Pop Bubbles may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
If you have noticed pop-up ads by Pop Bubbles in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari it is recommended to remove the adware immediately and scan your computer with reputable software to locate additional threats that may have been introduced to your system alongside this adware.
Pop Bubbles Details
|Name||Pop Bubbles, Adware.Pop Bubbles, Pop Bubbles virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
Pop Bubbles (Adware Removal Instructions)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Pop Bubbles and unwanted programs
- Remove Pop Bubbles extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Pop Bubbles and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall Pop Bubbles and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Pop Bubbles Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Pop Bubbles, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Pop Bubbles extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pop Bubbles extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Pop Bubbles add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Pop Bubbles add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pop Bubbles extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.