How to remove PlayFizz (Virus Removal Guide)
PlayFizz (also searched for as PlayFizz virus, Play Fizz) is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) with a high detection ration. This adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and possibly harmful advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say Ads by PlayFizz, PlayFizz Ads, or brought by PlayFizz on them and can be generated across multiple internet browsers.
What is PlayFizz?
PlayFizz is typically promoted as a free web shopping companion and utility that can help you find online coupons and deals related to products you view and search for.
Potential PlayFizz malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by PlayFizz are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
PlayFizz adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove PlayFizz if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
PlayFizz and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. PlayFizz is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that PlayFizz adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove PlayFizz virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall PlayFizz
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove PlayFizz with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall PlayFizz
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for PlayFizz in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PlayFizz to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PlayFizz in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PlayFizz extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the PlayFizz add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the PlayFizz extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove PlayFizz with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “PlayFizz” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing PlayFizz we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove PlayFizz.[/note]
PlayFizz virus removal tips
- If you do not find PlayFizz in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PlayFizz you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411