How to remove NetSupport Client Application (Removal Guide)
What is NetSupport Client Application?
NetSupport Client Application (also called NetSupport Manager) by NetSupport Ltd. is cross platform remote control software that can monitor screens and multiple systems in real time. It works over LAN, WAN, Wifi, GPRS, 3G, and regular internet connections. NetSupport Client Application requires pre-installation of the host and client in order to function.
If you did not install or enable the NetSupport Client Application program there is a good change that it is being used for the malicious purposes without your consent. If this is the case, it can be recognized as a Trojan that is decidedly being used for malicious intent. The NetSupport Client Application Trojan in this case will most likely be used to install malware, obtain your personal information, obtain your passwords and usernames for the accounts you access online, and more.
If you did not install or enable the NetSupport Client Application program you might notice a Windows Security Alert that says “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of NetSupport Client Application on all public and private networks.” This is the result of the program trying to connect remotely to your computer. Windows will recognize the suspicious activity and block it.
The process associated with NetSupport Client Application is named client32.exe and is located at C:\users\owner\appdata\roaming\manifeststore\client32.exe or sub folders of C:\Windows and C:\Program Files.
The NetSupport Client Application program and client32.exe file are not essential for Windows Operating Systems and can be removed without harming your computer. The program can oftentimes be removed via Windows Control Panel and Programs and Features options. Third-party security programs can also detect and remove the program.
Furthermore, if you are having issues with NetSupport Client Application it can be a sign that other malware and malicious files have infected your machine. The program often bundles with other threats and is used to download malicious files.
Uninstall NetSupport Client Application from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and right click the program in the list of installed programs. Select Uninstall. (In Windows 7 and earlier go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program. In Windows 8 right click the bottom left corner of the task bar and select Programs and Features).
2. At the Programs and Features window, find the NetSupport Client Application (also called NetSupport Manager or Client32.exe) program in the list of installed programs, click the program with your mouse, and click the Uninstall button that appears. *You can also double click the program in the list to begin the removal process.
Remove NetSupport Client Application with Malwarebytes
2. Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.