How to remove LockerConcept (Virus Removal Guide)
LockerConcept (also searched for as LockerConcept virus, Locker Concept) is a dangerous advertisement injector application found in the adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) categories of computer threats. According to reports, it is typically contracted without user authorization and knowledge and can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once installed, LockerConcept will display several types of advertisements that usually say something similar to Ads by LockerConcept or brought by LockerConcept on them.
LockerConcept adware is not a program to be taken lightly. The adware can violate your privacy without your consent. It generates very intrusive pop-up and in-text styled ads which are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style ads are a very big privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit and your browser history) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
The “LockerConcept virus” is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove LockerConcept if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
LockerConcept and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. LockerConcept is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that LockerConcept adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”LockerConcept overview”]
- LockerConcept bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- LockerConcept is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- LockerConcept injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- LockerConcept makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove LockerConcept (Virus Removal)
- Option 1: Automatically remove LockerConcept virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove LockerConcept
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove LockerConcept virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “LockerConcept” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing LockerConcept we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove LockerConcept
How to uninstall LockerConcept
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for LockerConcept in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click LockerConcept to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find LockerConcept in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove LockerConcept below.[/note]
How to remove LockerConcept add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LockerConcept extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the LockerConcept add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the LockerConcept extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find LockerConcept in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove LockerConcept below.[/note]
LockerConcept virus removal tips
- If you do not find LockerConcept in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing LockerConcept you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: